Sunday, March 2, 2008

FFLiveWire Exclusive Interview with Kyle Spotts


Luke Nicholson: Who is your biggest role model? Why?


Kyle Spotts: I guess my parents because they always supported me no matter what I was doing.


Luke Nicholson: What is your greatest football moment to date?


Kyle Spotts: Scoring the game winning TD in OT in my very last college game of my career.


Luke Nicholson: Is there a situation in your past where you overcame adversity? How did you do it and how has it made you a better person?


Kyle Spotts: When I decided to leave Colgate University I was not sure what I wanted to do in college whether it was play baseball or football. I finally decided on football and transferred to Kutztown and started the very first game my sophomore year.



Luke Nicholson: During your career at Kutztown (PA), what did your typical day during football season consist of?


Kyle Spotts: Wake up and go to class, watch film from 11-12, go to class until 2:30, lift ‘til 3:30, film for 30 minutes, practice 4:30-6:30, go home and eat.


Luke Nicholson: What sports did you participate in during high school and how have they helped you to become a better player on the football field?


Kyle Spotts: Baseball and football. Baseball probably helped me the most by developing better hand eye coordination you need to be a very good hitter.


Luke Nicholson: Who is the best player you have faced during your career?


Kyle Spotts: Jamar Brittingham, Jahri Evans


Luke Nicholson: How has playing with Elfren Quiles helped your development and do you see a future in the NFL for your teammate?


Kyle Spotts: Elfren gave me a go to receiver that I really needed in college, no matter what the situation I knew I had a chance to make a play if I threw him the ball. I think he definitely has a future, like myself we both came from a small school so we already have a knock on our abilities but with the way each other works I definitely feel we can both succeed.

Luke Nicholson: If you could have any super power, what would you choose? Why?


Kyle Spotts: Not Sure


Luke Nicholson: What one thing do you have to work on the most to make the transition from a Division II school to the NFL level?


Kyle Spotts: Getting stronger physically and mentally, I know the players I played against are not nearly the size as NFL players and the game is so much quicker that I have be extremely sharp mentally to make up for what speed I may not have been exposed to.


Luke Nicholson: What current NFL player does your game most resemble?


Kyle Spotts: Brett Favre, only because there are some articles out there claiming I resemble him physically.


Luke Nicholson: What are you doing to prepare for your Pro Day?


Kyle Spotts: Working out as much as possible, I’m working with a trainer who trains some NFL players and I have met some of them already, I listen to whatever he says in developing me to be better than I am.

Luke Nicholson: Which teams have expressed interest in you at this point?


Kyle Spotts: There have been roughly 25 teams that have either came to a practice, watched film, or called for tape.


Luke Nicholson: Is there a specific team you hope to play for?


Kyle Spotts: Eagles, been a die hard fan my whole life.


Luke Nicholson: Are you a cat or a dog? Why?


Kyle Spotts: Dog, I have two dogs and absolutely love them, plus cats don't really do anything.

Luke Nicholson: Outside of football, what are some of your hobbies?


Kyle Spotts: Play sports, hunt, and fish.


Luke Nicholson: Why should a NFL team select you over other quarterbacks in this draft?


Kyle Spotts: I have good size and mobility, and my arm strength is up there.


Luke Nicholson: What are your plans for your career after football?


Kyle Spotts: If football doesn't work out or I end up playing a while and retiring I plan on getting into coaching.


Luke Nicholson: If you could throw a pass to any NFL wide receiver, who would you choose? Why?


Kyle Spotts: Randy Moss, I know I couldn't overthrow him and he's such a big target that I feel if I made a bad pass he would make up for it.

Luke Nicholson: Finish the following sentence: Kyle Spotts' arm is stronger than…


Kyle Spotts: your typical Division 2 QB.


Luke Nicholson: Thank you for your time, Kyle. The staff at FFLiveWire wishes you the best of luck in all of your NFL endeavors.

 

 

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker