Sunday, March 2, 2008

FFLiveWire Exclusive Interview with Carlton Powell

Virginia Tech defensive tackle Carlton Powell took the time to answer some questions with FFLiveWire's Luke Nicholson about his athletic history, his training for the NFL Scouting Combine, and how hard he hits.

 

 

Luke Nicholson: Who is your biggest role model? Why?


Carlton Powell: My father because of his type of personality. I respect his morals and goals and I try and emulate that.


Luke Nicholson: What is your greatest football moment to date?


Carlton Powell: Winning this last ACC championship in Georgia – celebrating with the guys on the field.



Luke Nicholson: What sports did you participate in during high school and how have they helped you to become a better player on the football field?


Carlton Powell: Track and Field – kept me in shape during off-season and helped with my explosion. Basketball – helped my footwork and my hand-eye coordination.


Luke Nicholson: Who is the best player you have faced during your career?


Carlton Powell: Jason Spitz, Louisville


Luke Nicholson: If you could have any super power, what would you choose? Why?


Carlton Powell: Super speed so I could be more than one place at one time.


Luke Nicholson: What one thing do you have to work on the most to excel at the NFL level?


Carlton Powell: My explosiveness and coming off the double-team’s block.


Luke Nicholson: What current NFL player does your game most resemble?


Carlton Powell: I would say Kris Jenkins.


Luke Nicholson: What are you doing to prepare for the NFL Combine?


Carlton Powell: I trained down in Orlando with Coach Tom Shaw.


Luke Nicholson: Are you a cat or a dog? Why?


Carlton Powell: Dog because I’m too big to be a cat unless I was a lion.

Luke Nicholson: Why should a NFL team select you over other defensive tackles in this draft?


Carlton Powell: Not only am I a great player but a great person and a great teammate.


Luke Nicholson: What are your plans for your career after football?


Carlton Powell: I plan on going back to school to get my Masters and then pursue a career in pharmaceutical sales or physical therapy.


Luke Nicholson: What is something unique about you that most people don’t know?


Carlton Powell: I love trivia – random trivia. I love to watch Jeopardy.


Luke Nicholson: If you could stuff any NFL running back, who would you choose? Why?


Carlton Powell: Brandon Jacobs because he’s the biggest one I can think of.


Luke Nicholson: Finish the following sentence: Carlton Powell hits harder than…


Carlton Powell: A Mack track going light speed.


Luke Nicholson: Thank you for your time, Carlton. The staff at FFLiveWire wishes you the best of luck in all of your NFL endeavors.

 

 

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker